Why Black Women Should Be Rated Most Beautiful
A journalist, Satoshi Kanazawa, posted an article on Psychology Today to impose a study on “Why Black Women are Rated Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women” and I, among many others, was extremely appalled.
First it was the billboard hanging in NYC stating that the most dangerous place for an African American child is in the womb. Now this?! So, I am here to rebuttal that whole racist and stereotypical article. I will share why in my social and psychological judgement, BLACK WOMEN MAY BE RATED MOST ATTRACTIVE.
I am sick and tired of all the stereotypes trying to bring down our entire race of women by throwing negative connotations our way. To be honest, Beautiful Black women have been through a lot, and have built so much strength over the years. Beautiful Black women have been beaten and abused by men of our race and other races, Beautiful Black women have had our identities stolen, and our pride stripped.
For many years, centuries even, Beautiful Black women have had to overcome so much adversity, pain, and misfortune. Beautiful Black women had our children taken from us, Black women been kidnapped from our native lands, forced into alternative lifestyles, and sold like property. Beautiful Black women have had to bear children, raise them alone, watch them get killed we’ve been shunned by our own people, devalued by other races, and continue to strive for a better way of life for the generations of African Americans to come… all while finding ways of keeping a sane and stable mind. So with that, I am here to speak my piece.
Now, I can’t speak for all Black women, nor can I speak for all the men who rate Beautiful Black women. But for those I do know, I have shared my views with them and they’ve shared theirs with me. I’ve come to realize the finest attributes of beautiful Black women and am so proud. Beautiful Black women aren’t perfect, no race or gender is, but Black women have so many unrecognized qualities and Black women deserve our platform to show it.
With that said, Black Women May Be Rated The Most Attractive because:
1) Beautiful Black women’s STRENGTH. Black women have endured so much and still persist to do better. Black women don’t give up in the face of adversity and approach life fearlessly, no matter how much we’ve been threatened and devalued.
2) Beautiful Black women are so VARIED. We come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. Black women are blessed with all different shades, all types of hair, Black women have no standard size and can be as little or as big as we please, we are thick, curvy, thin, petite, slender, large, medium, and small. Beautiful Black women are proud of who we are, uniquely and wonderfully made.
3) Beautiful Black women have such a unique sense of STYLE and wear our fashions boldly and proud. Beautiful Black women invent new ways of innovating our style. Beautiful Black women change the game on so many levels, adding new colors, jewels, accessories, and more.
4) Beautiful Black women’s SKIN is strong and just doesn’t crack. Black women can certainly maintain our youth.
5) Beautiful Black women are BOLD and outgoing. Black women aren’t afraid to be honest and speak our mind.
6) Beautiful Black women’s HAIR can do any and everything. Beautiful Black women are the only race that can pull off any type of hairstyle, whether cut, curled, colored, straight, kinky, braided, bobbed, twisted, long, short, weaved, or not- Black women can do it all.
7) Beautiful Black women are professional LEADERS. People of color have lead so many industries, from entertainment, athletics, politics, science, and more! Beautiful Black women have been inventively changing the game for years and years. Black women are creative thinkers who never allow anything to stand in the way of our success.
8 ) Beautiful Black women are MOTHERS and LOVERS and always keep that as our priority. No amount of money or level of our career can take away the priceless role of being a mother or lover. Beautiful Black women understand the value of keeping family first and live to keep that in our blood for years to come.
9) Beautiful Black women are are as SEXY and SOPHISTICATED as Black women want to be.
10) Beautiful Black women are CONFIDENT, no matter who tries to tear us down, Black women don’t ever stay down.
11) Beautiful Black women are FIGHTERS. No matter what challenges stand in our way, Black women fight to find a way past it. We don’t settle and certainly don’t fold.
12) Beautiful Black women value our LOOKS. Black women are always researching new ways to keep our body, skin, nails, clothes, weight, and hair on point. Black women put great value in our fashions and appearance making sure we achieve the look that best represents how we feel inside.
13) Beautiful Black women LOVE our men. No matter what we’ve been through with Black men, Black women cannot help but love the fathers, brothers, sons, and male partners in our lives. Black women honor them and place them with such high regard– until they ruin it of course– and still, Black women love them unconditionally. Even without the looks, money, time, and physical or emotional attention we request of them, Black women can’t help loving the men in our lives. Beautiful Black women understand their struggle and try so hard to be the support and strength that they need.
14) Beautiful Black women find ways to EDUCATE ourselves even when education isn’t readily available.
15) Beautiful Black women find ways to MAKE MONEY when we reach our lowest points. Beautiful Black women use of heads and don’t ever settle for being broke.
16) Beautiful Black women live, love, and LAUGH. We like to hang out, be with family, be out on the town, and enjoy the joys that life that has to offer in Black women’s various ways.
17) Beautiful Black women have FAITH. Although Black women may all have chosen different paths to our faith, Black women have a spiritual relationship with God that gives us the strength to keep on persisting through every challenge that comes our way.
18 ) Beautiful Black women are TALENTED. Black women sing, we dance, we act, we play instruments, we play ball, we write, we draw, we step, we swim, we design, and basically find some valuable skill in ourselves that we can someday call a talent.
19) Beautiful Black women are OPEN-MINDED and aren’t biased toward other races of shows, music, movies, books, people, etc. Black women weren’t raised to be that way, but understand how we are viewed by others and are always aware of that. Black women keep an open mind toward all others while trying to maintain our self pride and defenses in the midst of other races.
20) Beautiful Black women RESPECT ourselves. Black women will never allow anyone to degrade our race to our face. Black women respect ourselves and our people and will always stand up for our cultural rights. Black women love ourselves no matter what Black women were conditioned to think and feel about being Black. Black women honor our ancestors and all their struggles seen and unseen. Black women believe in our achievement, our success, and our race someday overcoming all our adversities. Black women know what respect is and we demand it.
What do you think makes Black Women attractive?